Log book

Enterprise Staff
Here is a selection of calls responded to recently by the Livingston Police Department. 
Dec. 21
• 12:44 a.m. — A caller said a man was in the Town Pump on West Park Street “being nasty to the cashier and customers” and would not leave when asked. A Livingston Police Department officer responded, issued a trespass notice, and told the man not to return.  
• 11:34 a.m. —  A caller in the 200 block of East Clark Street in Livingston reported the front tire of their vehicle had been slashed, and the matter is under investigation. 
• 10:49 p.m. — A caller on South P Street reported hearing fireworks coming possibly from the downtown area. Other callers also reported hearing fireworks. Officers contacted some people and advised them about city fireworks ordinances.
Dec. 22
•  12:39 p.m. — Staff at PrintingForLess advised the LPD they were letting an employee go and wanted them to know in case there was an issue, but there was not.  
• 1:21 p.m. — An employee of American Bank on North Second Street reported fraudulent activity on a customer’s account. The matter is under investigation.
Dec. 23
• 3:38 p.m. —  A caller on South 12th Street reported she had come home, found the front door hard to open and looking as if it had been jimmied. She believes someone had been in the house. LPD is investigating.
• 11:05 p.m. — A caller on Livingston’s north side on North Second Street reported he had been bitten by a neighbor’s dog. The caller refused an ambulance. The matter was forwarded to the city’s animal control officer. 
• 11:38 p.m. — An officer made a traffic stop in the 1000 block of West Park Street and subsequently arrested the driver on a charge of driving under the influence.
Dec. 24
• 11:32 a.m. —  A business at 104 Centennial Drive reported an intoxicated man slumped over at the bar, intermittently sleeping and yelling at the caller. Officers responded and spoke with the man and ended up taking him home.
Dec. 25
• 3:32 p.m. — A caller on West Clark Street reported her neighbors had been harrassing her and waking her up in the middle of the night and wanted to speak to an officer. An officer advised her to call when the harrassment is occurring rather than waiting until after the fact. 
Dec. 26
• 10:48 a.m. — An officer in the City-County Complex at 414 E. Callender St. reported an exhaust smell. Livingston Fire & Rescue investigated. 
• 2:58 p.m. — A man came in to the police department to report harrassment via text messages from a woman. An officer said the texts were not against the law and assisted the man with filling out a complaint form.
• 5:22 p.m. — A Livingston woman reported she dropped off her vehicle at a local tire shop in September, but when she drove by recently, it was no longer there. The matter is under investigation.  
• 5:48 p.m. —  A caller reported the intersection of West Callender and North Third Streets was impassable. Officers said it was passable, but passed the information along to the Public Works Department.
Dec. 27
• 8:08 a.m. — A caller on North C Street reported their dogs — a German shepherd mix and another shepherd mix — had gotten loose overnight, and neither one had tags. The caller called back again shortly to report they had come home and no further action was taken.
• 9:38 p.m. — A caller near the former Livingston Memorial Hospital on South 13th Street reported a man in dark clothes walking around the building. The caller said he thought he heard glass breaking. Officers responded and did not see anyone in the area or any broken windows.
• 9:56 p.m. — A caller reported her black Toyota 4Runner stolen from a parking lot on North Second Street. The matter was under investigation until the caller called back to report the vehicle had been taken by someone she knew to get to the Bozeman airport.  
• 10:18  p.m —  A caller on North Fifth Street came home and found a very intoxicated man asleep on her couch. Officers responded. The caller did not wish to press charges. 
Dec. 28
• 2:29 a.m. — A caller on West Clark Street reported that her mother’s roommate was  throwing her out of the house and throwing her mother’s belongings outside. Officers responded and saw that no one was thrown out into the cold, and plans were made to help get the woman moved out.