Jan. 22-27, 2016

By Enterprise Staff 


Following is a selection of police reports from the Park County Sheriff’s Office and the Livingston City Police Department.


Jan. 22

• At 1:59 a.m. a caller reported a possibly drunk driver exiting Alpenglow Lane and headed toward town. The driver was pulled over by a Park County Sheriff’s Office deputy and subsequently arrested on a driving under the influence charge. 

• At 2:36 a.m. a caller in the 1200 block of U.S. Highway 10 West reported a van with a window broken out. A sheriff’s deputy responded, found a door on the van open, and photographed the scene, but is still waiting to make contact with the owner of the van. 

• At 7:29 a.m. a caller reported someone had tried to break the lock off the gate at Northern Energy on Highway 89 South. The incident is under investigation by the Sheriff’s Office. 

• At 12:11 p.m. a caller reported she had received a phone call from a Red Lodge newspaper to verify the art gallery in which she worked had placed a help wanted classified ad. The gallery had not placed an ad. It was assumed the person was trying to somehow defraud the gallery. The newspaper provided the phone number of the person who placed the ad, but attempts by the Livingston Police Department to reach the person were not successful. 


Jan. 23

• At 1:07 p.m. a caller reported two men and three dogs trespassing on his Ninth Street Island property. He confronted the two men who he said “gave him a hard time,” saying they had a right to be on the property. The responding deputy spoke with the landowner, but the two men had already left the area. 

• At 9:10 p.m. a resident of the 1300 block of East Montana Street called to talk to a Livingston Police Department officer about a man she said was harassing her son and her son’s fiancée. Officers advised the caller her son needed to be the one to contact police.    

• At 10: 24 p.m. an employee from Town Pump on U.S. Highway 89 South reported that two young teenagers had attempted to buy cigarettes. The caller said that when the teens were asked for identification, they took off with a bottle of wine. The incident is under investigation by the LPD and surveillance video from the store has been requested. 


Jan. 24

• At 8:21 a.m. a Travertine Lane caller wanted to know about a neighbor who was growing “weed.” 

• At 1:16 p.m. a caller on South Yellowstone Street asked for some officers to come and talk to kids who were riding their bikes on the iced-over Sacajawea Park lagoon. The caller was concerned the kids could break through the ice and get hurt. The responding LPD officer was unable to locate the children. 

• At 10:06 p.m. a caller from the 100 block of East Lewis Street complained about loud neighbors. The responding LPD officer advised the occupants in the dwelling to keep the noise down. 


Jan. 25

• At 8:39 a.m. an employee of a Gardiner business called to report he had been verbally assaulted at work that morning, and wanted the report on file in case the situation escalated. The report said the business manager was aware of the verbal argument between the two employees. 

• At 3:39 p.m. a resident from the 1100 block of East Geyser street called to report a neighbor had left a cat out overnight in the cold, and she was keeping the cat at her residence. The caller stated that a veterinarian had told the cat owner it was OK to leave that particular breed of cat outdoors. She said the cat would not go back to its owner because there was a new cat in the home. 


Jan. 26

• At 12:09 p.m. a caller reported a suspicious person near a coffee kiosk on U.S. Highway 10. The caller said a single male occupant sitting in a vehicle had binoculars directed across the train tracks toward Washington School. The vehicle was gone before LPD officers arrived.  


Jan. 27

• At 12:22 a.m. a caller from the 200 block of South C Street reported a vehicle had been running for a while in the alley. The caller was unable to see if the vehicle was occupied, and thought it was strange. The responding LPD officer found the owner of the vehicle and learned the car battery had been dead and had received a jump start, and he was letting the car run for a while to charge the battery.