Feb. 26-March 2, 2016

Enterprise Staff

From Livingston Police Department and Park County Sheriff’s Office reports


Feb. 26 

• 9:55 a.m. — A caller on Chestnut Lane reported receiving fraud calls from people claiming to be with the IRS. 

• 9:57 a.m. — A complainant called from Rogers Lane to ask about having a no-trespass order served on an individual. An officer located the individual who was advised not to return to the property.

• 10:27 a.m. — A Park High School official found what was thought to be a marijuana pipe on a student, but it was later revealed to be a smokeless cigarette vaporizer. 

• 10:58 a.m. — A caller reported her car stolen from near the intersection of West Park Street and North Main, but she called back later and said she had only misplaced it. 

• 11:25 a.m. — A caller from Rodeway Inn reported the cleaning staff had found a syringe in a guest room. An officer retrieved it, and an investigation is ongoing. 

• 12:47 p.m. — An official at Sleeping Giant Middle School reported a male student had left school without telling anyone. The student was located and advised to contact the school. 

• 4:31 p.m. — A caller reported a red pickup truck on Washington Street that appeared to be driven by a drunk driver. The responding officer was unable to locate the vehicle.  

• 4:56 p.m. — A caller on McNiven Road reported a trailer had been broken into, but wasn’t sure when it had happened. Nothing appeared to have been taken. 

• 8 p.m. — A caller on Interstate 90 near mile marker 335 reported a White Explorer possibly being driven by a drunk driver. The vehicle was reported to be  driving westbound at 35-40 mph “all over the road.” 

• 11:13 p.m. — A caller from North B Street reported that he believed someone was following him around town, but when he pulled into the police station, the vehicle stopped following him. 


Feb. 27

• 12:16 a.m. — A caller from the 5000 block of U.S. Highway 89 South reported a suspicious person wearing a black hoodie walking around and requested an officer. An officer didn’t see anyone. 

• 12:25 a.m. — A caller in the 1300 block of East Montana Street reported he had overheard a male and female fighting nearby over the past several days. 

• 12:34 a.m. — A caller in the 500 block of North M Street reported four males standing around in the street and was worried they might be breaking into cars and wanted an officer to check on them. 

• 12:40 a.m. — A caller in the area of South Main and Lewis streets reported hearing sounds like people fighting. An officer located and spoke with the individuals and found no evidence of physical fighting, just verbal. 

• 9:34 a.m.  — A caller in the 500 block of North N Street reported it appeared that someone had thrown something over his fence that broke a large piece of travertine. The incident is under investigation. 

3:53 p.m. — A caller wanted to talk to a deputy about a vehicle he had loaned to someone that had not been returned. The caller did not want to take further action. 


Feb. 28

• 8:44 a.m. — An injured deer was reported in the ditch near mile marker 3 on U.S. Highway 89 North. An officer found two dead deer, but not an injured one.  

• 1:52 p.m. — A dispatcher reported an open phone line and could hear what sounded like a female talking to a customer at Town & Country Foods. An officer was able to locate the person, and everything was fine. 

• 7:27 p.m. — A caller in the 200 block of Garnier Avenue reported a young man and a young woman having an argument. A responding officer arrived and spoke with both young people to find “emotions high” after recent events at Park High School. 

• 8:07 p.m. — A PCSO deputy responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle at the Carter’s Bridge Fishing Access Site. The deputy made contact with some people and no criminal activity was observed.

• 8:25 p.m. — A man called from within Town & Country Foods reporting he was being verbally harassed by someone in the store.


Feb. 29

• 4:17 a.m. — A caller from Casey’s Corner Store near Centennial Drive reported a blue Schwinn bicycle had been left there for several days. The bike was picked up by a city official. 

• 11:36 a.m. —  A female returning to Park High School after lunch was arrested for possession of marijuana.

• 2:22 p.m. — A caller in the 100 block of South Second Street reported someone had been spitting chew on his vehicle and requested extra patrol in the area.  

• 3:13 p.m. — A caller in the 1400 block of East Callender Street reported their elderly parents had been receiving a lot of scam phone calls claiming to be from the IRS. 

• 4:08 p.m. — A caller requested a welfare check on a relative. The relative was not living in a last known residence, but an officer made phone contact and the relative was fine. 

• 4:30 p.m. — A caller in the 1300 block of West Crawford Street reported an argument between neighbors, a mother and daughter. An officer responded, and the two were separated for the evening.

• 10:18 p.m. — A caller requested police assistance because her abusive ex-husband was back in town, and she was afraid to go home to her new address in case her ex followed her and learned where she lived. 


March 1

• 10:08 a.m. — A caller from Park High School reported  a student in Bozeman was cyberbullying a student in Livingston. An officer spoke with the Bozeman student who promised to remove the bullying account. 

• 11:26 a.m. — A caller on Livingston’s south side reported suspicious behavior at a neighboring residence, where people come and go a lot. An officer responded but didn’t see anything suspicious, but passed the information along to the Missouri River Drug Task Force.

• 11:43 a.m. — A caller reported he had lost a black and yellow Harley-Davidson coat in the 100 block of South Main Street in case anyone turned it in to the police department. 


March 2 

• 9:16 a.m.  A caller from the 500 block of East Park Street requested an officer because he found a film canister in a work truck and wanted an officer to come and test the cannister’s contents for drugs. 

• 12:04 p.m. — A caller observed a vehicle parked in the 100 block of South Second with a large dog in the back seat for more than hour. Even though the windows were all down a few inches, the caller didn’t think it was OK to leave a dog in the car. The Animal Control Officer was contacted.  

• 5:14 p.m. — A caller reported a “shady looking” male in the vicinity of the 100 block of North Second Street. 

• 5: 45 p.m. — A reporter on Constellation Drive reported his vehicle had been vandalized sometime during the day and the incident is under investigation.